Here’s today’s readout on some indicators worth watching:
– The Gallup Poll: President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney in a statistical dead heat: The seven-day average of Gallup’s daily tracking: May 31 through June 6, Obama 45 percent, Romney 47 percent.
– Obama’s job approval rating: 45 percent, disapproval 48 percent.
– Unemployment in the U.S., according to the Gallup daily survey of employment: 7.9 percent, below 8 percent for first time.
– 30-year mortgage rate at record low again — 3.67 percent — according to Freddie Mac.
– Gas prices in U.S. dip for 22nd consecutive day: $3.560 per gallon of regular gas yesterday, according to AAA.
with thanks to Chris Middleton of Bloomberg News.